Clean Your Child’s Mouth
It’s best to begin cleaning your child’s mouth soon after birth simply by wiping the gums and the insides of their cheeks with a clean washcloth after feeding. As soon as their first teeth start to push through you can begin brushing them with a small, soft bristled baby tooth brush twice a day.
- Book their first dental visit and ask your pediatric dentist for advice on whether or not to use fluoridated toothpaste.
- Make sure they are not put to bed with a bottle of sweetened liquid
- Once a child is able to eat solid foods ensure you make healthy choices and limit the amount and frequency of foods containing sugars.
- Look after your own teeth and gums to help keep bacteria to a minimum, limiting the numbers that will be passed on to your child.
Brush and Floss Their Teeth Correctly
By the time your child reaches the age of three they will have the ability to spit and can begin using fluoridated toothpaste.
- Encourage your child to spit out excess toothpaste
- Make sure that you continue to brush their teeth for them and that you supervise brushing until they are able to do so on their own.
- Your pediatric dentist can give advice on how to brush and floss their teeth correctly.
Once your child is old enough to brush their teeth, your pediatric dentist can help guide them on the correct way to look after their teeth and gums.
As your child gets older your pediatric dentist can advise you on the use of dental sealants and other treatments such as fluoride applications and recently approved Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF) treatment to help harden their teeth and increase their resistance against tooth decay. Regular checks will help your pediatric dentist assess whether or not your child has any early signs of tooth decay so they can be monitored or treated as appropriate.
Great pediatric dental care combined with excellent oral hygiene at home should help your child reach adulthood with a healthy and beautiful smile.
Our pediatric dentistry center provides fun and playful, child friendly environment.
We pursue perfection; you will be surprised by knowledge, accuracy and professionalism of our staff. Our Kids Dentistry Center at the Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY location equipped with in-house laboratory and newest low radiation 3D scanning equipment. Come in see it for yourself.
Do you have any questions about tooth decay prevention in children? Would you like to schedule an appointment with a top rated pediatric dentist Dr. Marina Krepkh of Kids Best Dentist Brooklyn NYC, please contact our office for consultation.
Kids Best Dentist Brooklyn NYC
Dr. Marina Krepkh (Brooklyn Pediatric Dentist)
7708 4th Avenue 1st floor
Brooklyn, NY 11209 (Bay Ridge)
Dr. Marina Krepkh
7708 4th Avenue 1st floor
Brooklyn, NY 11209