BPA is commonly used in most white (or composite) fillings. We select dental composite fillings and dental sealants that don’t include bisphenol-A. We use exclusively BPA free products. BPA Free fillings that are tooth colored and are extremely safe for use.
Cavity Filling for Kids
Unfortunately children can have tooth decay, even in their primary or milk teeth. One way to repair these teeth is to use composite white, BPA free fillings.
Composite resin fillings are made from a mixture of glass and plastic resin which bonds very strongly to natural teeth. These fillings are tooth colored and are extremely safe for use.
There are several advantages in choosing this type of filling compared to traditional silver colored amalgam fillings.
- Composite white fillings look more attractive and the filling is virtually invisible.
- A white filling requires less preparation than a traditional silver amalgam filling, so our pediatric dentist in Brooklyn will need to remove less tooth structure. This can be helpful when treating children’s small milk teeth, especially as these teeth can be prone to recurrent decay.
- The materials used in composite white fillings are completely safe and do not contain any harmful metals or chemicals. Many people are concerned about the use of amalgam fillings as the material does contain a small amount of mercury.
- White fillings don’t flex in the same way as amalgam fillings which can expand and contract when they come into contact with hot and cold. Over time a tooth with an amalgam filling can develop tiny micro fractures, weakening the overall structure of the tooth. Using white fillings to repair your child’s milk or permanent teeth is a much healthier solution, preserving the maximum amount of tooth structure, and helping to ensure the tooth lasts as long as possible.
- The material used for white fillings works in harmony with the natural tooth structure, creating a strong and stable bond that can help restore strength to a decayed tooth.
What Is the Procedure for Placing a Composite White Filling?
Your pediatric dentist will remove the tooth decay leaving the healthy tooth structure intact. The cavity is cleaned and dried, and the composite material is applied to the tooth in layers. The material is hardened with a special light in between the application of each layer. Finally, the surface is shaped and polished to match the rest of the tooth.
Are there Any Disadvantages in Choosing a Composite White BPA Free Filling?
White composite fillings are slightly more expensive to place than silver fillings as the material is more costly, and the restoration can take a little longer to place as it is technique sensitive. It can also be quite tricky for your pediatric dentist to treat baby teeth, and children’s teeth are more prone towards developing cavities. This means the decay could reoccur and the fillings may need to be replaced.
Our pediatric dentistry center provides fun and playful, child friendly environment.
We pursue perfection; you will be surprised by knowledge, accuracy and professionalism of our staff. Our Kids Dentistry Center at the Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY location equipped with in-house laboratory and newest low radiation 3D scanning equipment. Come in see it for yourself.
Do you have any questions about BPA Free Fillings for kids? Would you like to schedule an appointment with a best rated Brooklyn pediatric dentist Dr. Marina Krepkh of Kids Best Dentist Brooklyn NYC, please contact our office for consultation.
Kids Best Dentist Brooklyn NYC
Dr. Marina Krepkh (Brooklyn Pediatric Dentist)
7708 4th Avenue 1st floor
Brooklyn, NY 11209 (Bay Ridge)
Dr. Marina Krepkh
7708 4th Avenue 1st floor
Brooklyn, NY 11209